Are You Tired of Stress Managing You?
We all have a unique personal response to stress, which needs a unique personal approach to overcome it. It’s called stress management, and it’s very important for all of us to have some kind of system to manage our physical, chemical and emotional stressors!
Did you know that chiropractic care can help you manage your stress? That is why our chiropractic clinic is offering a new stress identity program which specifically profiles where you are on the stress continuum:
- occasionally stressed
- stressed and wired
- stress and worried
- stress and tired – physically & mentally
- stressed and burned out
According to The American Institute of Stress (AIS), 75 to 90% of all primary visits to doctors – or up to 9 people who walk into doctors’ offices – are from overexposure to stress hormones. Stress is linked to many leading causes of deaths as described by the AIS.
The continual exposure to stress is a bio-chemical event that directly affects the healthy function of our nervous system, which can create a wide range of symptoms within the body.
Symptoms of Stress
There are many variables to each individual’s stress tolerance. When we exceed our personal threshold of stress tolerance we break down and develop pain and symptoms of some kind, such as:
- back pain
- neck pain
- joint pain
- muscle tension
- digestive upset
- emotional upset
- sleep disorders
- jaw problems (TMJ)
Stress & Musculoskeletal Compensation
Misalignment causes the body to compensate in other areas, resulting in physical stress which translates to emotional stress because you’re not feeling well.
Our healthcare professionals at Revelation Health Centre match appropriate recommendations specifically to patient stress levels so you can manage stress versus your stress managing you.
We use specialized techniques to rebalance the nervous system function combined with exactly matching the appropriate bio-chemical nutrients to your stress pattern, and then we also suggest some lifestyle recommendations to super charge and enhance your stress management program.
Holistic Stress Management in Calgary
- gather information on what your concerns are related to stress
- active your spine to calm down the fight-or-flight response in the nervous system
- raise the rest-digest-and-relax so people can function at optimum capacity
- work on the (compensation) overcontracted muscles that are causing misalignment and discomfort
- lifestyle recommendations so people can become mindful and take care of themselves – you can’t give what you don’t have!
- make dietary recommendations that will help your body adapt to stress
- make specific recommendations unique to each patient based on how you test in your stress evaluation
- increase your cushion of your ability to adapt to stress, and therefore maintain bodily function and health
Your response to the stresses – physical, chemical and emotional – is what makes you sick. When you reach your stress boundary, symptoms show up.
You can actually take back more control by helping support our body’s unique response to stressors managing the stress versus it managing us.
As always our approach is to partner with you, the patient, for prevention and restoration of your health because stress happens.
Call us anytime at 403-284-2082 or message us below for a quick response during regular office hours. See RHC’s Contact, Hours and Location information here.
We are looking forward to helping you accomplish your personal health goals!