Treatment for Lumbar Disc Herniation that Works: Cox Technique®
Do you have a disc herniation in your lower back (lumbar spine)? If so, we know how debilitating such an injury can be which is why we want to tell you about the Cox Technique® and its proven success at treating lumbar disc herniations.
For the past several years, Dr. John Battershill at Revelation Health Centre Chiropractic & Wellness has been using Cox Technique® combined with other Chiropractic methods to effectively treat patients with herniated discs.
Apart from our own patient testimonials (see below), several clinical studies have confirmed that the Cox Technique® is in fact a very effective method of treatment for herniated / bulging / slipped discs. The results have astonished Chiropractors across the world and have made Cox Technique® a go-to treatment method for low back pain stemming from all sorts of conditions, especially slipped discs.
Distraction Chiropractic Adjusting: Clinical Application, Treatment, Algorithms and Clinical Outcomes of 1000 Cases Studied
- 29 days to maximum improvement (mean) regardless of condition treated
- 21 visits to maximum improvement (mean) regardless of condition treated
- Disc herniations take longer than sprain/strains
- 91% of patients relieved within 90 days, keeping them from the chronic pain stage
Low-Back Pain and Leg Pain Treated with Chiropractic Care
- 36-year-old man with 5 years of lower back pain and leg pain
- 19 treatments with Cox Technique® (flexion distraction) in 8 weeks
- Low back pain (lumbar spine pain) – decreased at 4 weeks
- Leg pain was gone at 4 weeks
Chiropractic management of a patient with lumbar
- 75-year-old man with low back pain and leg pain 3 years’ duration is relieved with Cox Technique® (flexion distraction).
- 4 visits – no right or left leg pain
- 3 months of 16 visits – low back and buttock pain are minimal with no leg pain
- 80% relief
Nonsurgical approach to the management of patients with lumbar radiculopathy secondary to herniated disc
- 49 consecutive patients with disc herniation confirmed on MRI with pain and disability for an average of 60.5 weeks were treated 2-3 times a week initially for 3 weeks with flexion distraction manipulation.
- Flexion Distraction manipulation, neurodynamic techniques, joint manipulation, myofascial technic and exercise were utilized.
- Outcome of clinical trials at end of treatment and 14.5 months later showed meaningful improvement of pain and disability in….
- 79% and 70% of patients respectfully at end of treatment
- 79% and 73% respectfully at 14.5 months follow-up
Cox Technique® Works for Low Back & Neck Pain
Cox Technique® has been proven time and time again to be an effective treatment for low back and neck pain relief.
Statistics sourced from Cox Technique’s provide even more insight into how this flexion-distraction (FD) and decompression spinal manipulation method is working for countless patients in Chiropractic clinics across North America.
> 91% of all low back patients regardless of their condition who were treated with flexion distraction achieved maximal improvement within 3 months
> It took patients an average of 12 visits within 29 days to attain low back pain relief
> It took patients an average of 13.8 visits overall to attain neck pain relief
In general, the “Rule of 50%” – where 50% relief of pain when measured objectively and subjectively – in 30 days is sought with flexion-distraction, you’re in good hand when choosing to see a Chiropractor that uses Cox Technique® to treat lumbar disc herniations as well as low back and neck pain.
Clinical studies above show that over 50% relief is typical after several visits. Is it time you tried getting flexion-distraction / spinal decompression for your back or neck pain?
- Learn more about Spinal Decompression Therapy at RHC
A Word on Cox Technique®…
Approximately 80% of patients with low back pain have disc injury involvement in their pain.
Treating the soft tissue and muscles around low back pain when there’s a disc involvement is not treating the cause of the pain.
The most effective method of treating disc injury and low back pain is from Cox Spinal Decompression. This form of treatment is safe and comfortable and effective.
Countless patients of mine have accelerated their recoveries as a result!
– Dr. John Battershill, Chiropractor, RHC
- Have Back Pain in Calgary? See a Chiropractor
- What Causes Neck Pain? Ask a Chiropractor
- 3 Ways We Treat Neck Pain at Revelation Health
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Neck Pain
Call us anytime at 403-284-2082 or send us a message below and we will be happy to assist you in any way we can! See Revelation Health Centre’s Office Hours, Location and Contact Information here.
We are looking forward to helping you accomplish your personal health goals!